Lace My Kicks, Duff Kelly’s latest song, has a lovely mood throughout. The song just drags us into the environment magnificently designed by Duff Kelly with such genuine passion in the composition and moreover in the manner vocals are delivered from the first bar. The song’s innocence comes from the writing, which eloquently reflects such lovely heartfelt storyline and situations. The great lyrics is supported up by Duff Kelly’s simple and honest delivery, which really reaches us at the core and captivates us to lend our ears until the song reaches the final bar. The writing is so vivid that it immediately reminds me of such joyful anecdotes and connects us so deeply.
The song has such great depth in terms of orchestration, in addition to the brilliant composition. It may look basic, but it is absolutely astonishing to hear how everything sounds so in tune. There isn’t a single instance where everything appears to be separate. The drum remains consistent, and when the song begins with the drums, it ensures that the tone is set, and then the song achieves the complete mood with the piano and guitar riff. The writing then basically propels us on. The overall suture is also very fluid and smooth, transitioning between parts with short interludes that keep us tied to the mood while also acting as a gentle breather. Because of the song’s pleasant vibes, I am convinced that it will be loved by a significant number of listeners.
Duff Kelly also gives a brief description of his experiences working on the song.
1. The music made me feel incredibly nice. What do you believe is the source of the song’s inspiration?
This is a lost-love ballad that came to fruition through a personal experience.
2. The subtle modulations throughout the progression were really lovely. What was your approach like when writing the lyrics and composing the tune for the words?
I always start with an emotion then find a riff and chord progression that suits the feeling I’m trying to express.
3. I’m also interested in the vocal performance and vocal arrangements in the song. The sections were enthralling. Would want to know what went into writing such fantastic parts.
My friend and past band-mate Lori Bisnett sang harmonies on the chorus, an octave above mine, giving it a haunting feel.
4. Is there anything in particular you’d like to emphasise about the song for the listeners?
There’s a message here about self-love, self-respect and unwavering perseverance.
5. What are the plans for 2022? Would you want to shed some light on the upcoming releases?
I have a driving new rock n’ roll single ‘Work It out’ that releases later this month along with the music video!
Enjoy Listening to “Lace My Kicks” by Duff Kelly on Spotify!